[Debian-in-workers] fonts-sarai_1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 03:50:28 UTC 2013

Hey Paul,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Paul Richards Tagliamonte
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
> I've rejected the package because you're licensing your debian directory
> under the GPL-3+, and upstream is GPL-2. You're patching the source and
> adding code which I'd consider to be creative.
>
> As a result, we can't distribute this. Plese relicense that patch to
> a compatable license.

Thanks for noticing it I will fix this and ask for a reupload.

> P.S., if the watchfile isn't doing anything, please don't include it (and
> perhaps make a note of why in the README.Debian)

Well this is a point which different people have different opinions.
People who work with watch file like Bart asks for a dummy file with
no content or an lintian override because not having this file and no
override will cause them an extra work of looking into package just to
find out there is no download point.

Some people in mentors suggested me to drop a dummy file which I'm
following :-). May be we should have a proper policy in place to
describe what to do when there is no download point available by
upstream.

I think README.source will be right place to mention about why we are
not having watch file and not in README.Debian

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info