[Debian-iot-maintainers] Pre-RFP/ITP: domoticz - home automation system

Thorsten Alteholz debian at alteholz.de
Thu Nov 30 15:50:49 UTC 2017

Hi Thibaut,

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> I'm starting to use domoticz at home and was wondering why it has not been
> packaged yet for Debian. Is it by lack of a volunteer or is there a specific
> reason?

there were several attempts to package domoticz that all stopped at one
point before an official Debian package was done.
Especially the www-directory contains lots of javascript stuff, that needs
to be replaced by Debian packages or needs to be deminified. Also there
were lots of things that lintian complained about when using upstreams
build process.

> If it's the former, I would probably volunteer and I believe the package
> would need to be put under team maintainance in the IoT team. How does that
> sound?

It always sounds good if somebody else wants to do the work. So is there
anything I can do to help you stick it out? :-)

   Thorsten