[Debian-iot-maintainers] RFS: ocf-spec-core

Carsten Schoenert c.schoenert at t-online.de
Sun Mar 8 21:05:44 GMT 2020

Hello David,

Am 08.03.20 um 21:46 schrieb David Suarez:
> I'm aware that install.* file exists, but I prefer to stick with the
> install and fixperms in one point instead of having the install file and
> fixperms helper. The package didn't have a build system, so i prefer to
> reflect it in the debian makefile.

that's then the old CDBS style, I'm happy this is mostly history because
dh is definitely more clean and straight forward.
If you will have to maintain more complicated packages one day you will
why the sequencer files will help you to keep d/rules clean and easy to
overview.

> Glob is not posix/sus v3?

I've made my learning on this. You will find all kind of problems over time.

> As is a draft, I prefer to stick with the clasic layout
> master/upstream/pristine-tar.

Do what you want, but there is no classical way and if so this proposal
wouldn't exist. I mostly wont do anything on such packages in case some
update is wanted e.g. because it simply costs me to much time to find
out what a previous maintainer has made, that's not how teams working.
And because there is always one more way to do something this DEP was
created. Also here you for sure will see over time why this proposal
will helps you (later) to maintain your packages once you need to make
possible security uploads, proposed uploads and or backports. ;)

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert