[Debian-l10n-devel] Thomas scripts still running

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Tue Jun 17 23:57:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:44:36PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

> On 02-06-2008 19:07, Nicolas François wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 06:25:36PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> >> From what I see below, Thomas spider scripts are still running
> >> daily. I suppose this is intentional, Nicolas?
> >
> > This is half intentional.
> >   * I think we should keep Thomas jobs running until we are sure the new
> >     ones work correctly.
>
> 	Are we ready to take over?

Yes. It's OK for Thomas's cron jobs:

 * the testing material are now generated by
       /srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/gen-testing2
   and /srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/gen-testing.cfg2
   in /srv/dl10n-stuff/www/testing/
   available on http://i18n.debian.net/material/testing/

=> you can backup and remove /srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/gen-testing and
/srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/gen-testing.cfg
   I will later move gen-testing2 and gen-testing.cfg2 and update the
   cron job.

 * The NMU script is also running
   /srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/nmu-update
   result on /org/dl10n-stuff/www-debian-l10n/l10n-nmu/
   logs on /org/dl10n-stuff/log/dl10n-nmu.cron.*
   available on http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/l10n-nmu/

More work will be needed to fully move to the SVN version for the spider
scripts:

I would like to inform the user language teams since the results are not
exactly the same.
Some DONE mails will have to be sent for old files or I can automatically
close the threads older than 3 years.

You can have a look on
http://i18n.debian.net/~nekral/www-debian-l10n/portuguese/pt.by_date.html

(It's currently generated by
    /srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/spiderhourly2
and /srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/spiderbts2
with the result and logs on my home directory)

> >   * I can't disable Thomas's crontab.
> >     (unless it is in /etc/crcon.d/*robots*)
>
> 	I can do that, just let me know if we are ready.

You can proceed with the crontab (maybe with a backup).

> 	BTW, what about the SVN needed for Thomas scripts?
> Do we still need it? I can also create it on churro, just
> for local access and provide it via churro websvn.

I don't really know how Thomas used this repository.
I guess it was only useful for debugging purpose and because of the LDAP
BTS interface (he mentioned that sometimes every bugs are marked as
closed). I would prefer to fix the bugs and use the SOAP interface which
seems more supported by the debbugs people.

I was able to recreate the full database in a few hours, and I would
propose to stick with backups and a way to restore the database rather
than storing the database on a repository.

The databases can be re-created from scratch with
/srv/dl10n-stuff/bin/spiderinit

Cheers,
--
Nekral