[Debian-l10n-devel] Merging package description translations from Ubuntu

Michael Bramer grisu at deb-support.de
Mon Feb 16 00:50:49 UTC 2009

Nicolas François schrieb:
> Hello Michael, Hello Martijn,

hi

> During FOSDEM, I talked to Gabor Kelemen who is translating package
> description for Ubuntu in Hungarian.
> It is just easier for him (and an Hungarian team, as he was not alone) to
> stick with translating in Rosetta (I don't think we should discuss this),
> and I think it would be a good idea to support it as well.
>
> I remember you implemented a method to export PO files from the DDTP
> database.  Do you also have a way to import PO files?
>
> There are some technical issues that should be solved:
>  * getting the PO file from Ubuntu
>    => I would propose to make it manual first.
>    In the long term, it can be automated by requesting the PO file and
>    receiving it by an email.
>  * Conflicts handling.
>    => I would propose to ignore this issue by first discarding the Ubuntu
>       translations if a translation already exist.
>    In the long term, we could tag the translation as having a conflict and
>    maybe use this information to export a PO file with the conflicts, or
>    use this information when the mail or DDTSS interfaces are used. We
>    will also need cooperation from Ubuntu (otherwise, the conflict will
>    re-appear).
>
> Martijn and Michael, do you think importing PO files would be possible?

we don't need PO files for this.

We have it allready...

See http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/es, and go to the
'suggestions' Part. All this translations are from rosetta and are not
in the ddtp and waiting for the review.

rosetta send this translation to the ddtss and ddtss use this as
suggestions...

Thanks

Grisu