[Debian-l10n-devel] Increased number of connections on DDTP

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Thu Jan 28 09:33:51 UTC 2010

Hello,

There's been an increased number of connections on DDTP [0], up to a point
that postgeSQL does not seem to answer anymore.  Also, there are 96
index.cgi running currently. Is this normal?

I don't really know what can be done, but this seem to disturb other
processes on churro.
(Pootle refreshing its stats at the same time does not help)

The compendia generation is also eating too much disk space, and need to
be regularly (and unfortunately manually) cleaned up. I will change the
generation process so that only one compendium is kept per language on
churro (instead of one per day per language).
This partially explains [1] but there might be another process eating disk
space. (Pootle uses 46G, but I do not know if it's growing).

/srv/ddtp.debian.net/ddts is 2.7 G (mostly logs and tmp files)
/srv/ddtp.debian.net/ddtss is 12 G (backups from 2008)
Do they need to be cleaned up?

[0] http://i18n.debian.net/munin/localdomain/localhost.localdomain-pg_ddtp_connections.html
[1] http://i18n.debian.net/munin/localdomain/localhost.localdomain-df.html

Best Regards,