[Debian-l10n-devel] Packaging for pootle

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Nov 14 05:39:42 UTC 2011

Quoting Stuart Prescott (stuart+debian at nanonanonano.net):
> Dear Debian Pootle people,
>
> In coordination with Omar and Christian, I've been looking at the Debian
> packaging for Pootle. I had planned to drop you a few small patches to polish
> the work you had already done but ended up doing a lot more than that.
>
> I believe I now have a pootle package that:

\o/

That's great news, Stuart.

This mail is mostly an ACK of your mail. I will have a look at your
package and eventually sponsor it. Anyway, it certainly can't be worse
than the current situation.

What I'm worried about is the future of the package. Experience has
shown that neither I nor Nicolas are ready to continue maintaining the
package. I am too busy with many other tasks and I'm lacking some
skills, while Nicolas is mostly busy with RL and has hard times
maintaining other stuff he's doing in Debian (he won't bother reading
this, I think...:-))

So, well, are you ready to continue this package maintenance,
eventually with Omar's help, and with mine, for uploads?

I'd prefer continuing the maintenance under the debian-l10n-devel team
umbrella (team maintenance is more and more encouraged), if possible.