[Debian-l10n-devel] Plans for a Debian i18n sprint "towards i18n.debian.org" in Paris, June 15th-17th

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Mon Apr 23 12:16:12 UTC 2012

This one time, at band camp, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) said:
> On 23-04-2012 01:54, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>
> > 2) if we don't have a machine to work on, then we need to switch our
> > attention to something else. Hence the need for an answer about the
> > exact meaning of the prepared i18n.debian.org being decommissioned
> > as Peter Palfrader said. Without DSA support, I'm not sure we can do
> > more than just moving i18n.d.n to another non-DSA machine.....and
> > I'm not sure we need a sprint (and Debian money) for that.
>
> If we did commit ourselves to use it, I don't see a problem, they
> might not be very happy with us because of underusing it since DC11,
> but it is vital for Debian to have all the i18n services on a hardware
> we can trust, with backup and long term support planned.

I think this is an accurate summation - if you do use the machine, we
are happy to maintain it.  We turned off the two virtual machines
because they aren't being used.  They have not been deleted, and can be
turned back on if they are in fact needed and are going to be used.

> Once again, we can prepare details ahead of time and a couple of weeks
> I can start moving services to test everything and make the most of
> the sprint.
>
> And here is my public apology for DSA for not using the machine right
> after DC11. :-(

:)

Quite understood - we're all busy people.  I am assuming you would like
the two VMs turned back on in time for the sprint.  Is there anything
else you need before the sprint?  Anything else you need generally?

Cheers,
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |