[Debian-l10n-devel] Plans for a Debian i18n sprint "towards i18n.debian.org" in Paris, June 15th-17th

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Apr 23 16:28:24 UTC 2012

Quoting Stephen Gran (sgran at debian.org):

> > If we did commit ourselves to use it, I don't see a problem, they
> > might not be very happy with us because of underusing it since DC11,
> > but it is vital for Debian to have all the i18n services on a hardware
> > we can trust, with backup and long term support planned.
>
> I think this is an accurate summation - if you do use the machine, we
> are happy to maintain it.  We turned off the two virtual machines
> because they aren't being used.  They have not been deleted, and can be
> turned back on if they are in fact needed and are going to be used.

OK, good news, thanks for confirming us that the work is still preserved...

> > Once again, we can prepare details ahead of time and a couple of weeks
> > I can start moving services to test everything and make the most of
> > the sprint.
> >
> > And here is my public apology for DSA for not using the machine right
> > after DC11. :-(
>
> :)
>
> Quite understood - we're all busy people.  I am assuming you would like
> the two VMs turned back on in time for the sprint.  Is there anything
> else you need before the sprint?  Anything else you need generally?

I think that, apart from  the machines being turned on again
(machineS? Felipe, are there TWO machines?), not really...but Felipe
can certainly give more details if needed.

AGain, having one person from DSA team present at the sprint would be
great...or at least having someone who would free up that week-end so
that can can nag him|her if needed.

TO summarize as of now, but it's probably time to star a wiki page for
this:

- Felipe: OK to come (travel and accom. sponsoring needed)
- Martijn: ditto
- me: ditto (no sponsoring needed)
- Nicolas: ?
- Martin Bagge: ?
- DSA representative?
- debian-www person (but the -www list was dropped from the CC list...)
- someone else?

Location:IRILL seems possible, to be confirmed with Sylvestre Ledru (I
can do that)

Accomodation: I have 1 or 2 crash spaces. Others to be determined (I
can call for help on debian-devel-french).