[Debian-l10n-devel] DDTP new machine update

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:58:47 UTC 2012

Hoi,

Since the last i18n sprint we have a new machine to replace churro.
However, the complete transfer from the old machine to the new one is
a work in progress and this email is to give people a status update.

- I've made some progress adapting the old software to the new
situation. It can now use the local mirror instead of downloading
Packages files from elsewhere. Some schema changes had not been
checked in so that has been fixed. Some parts don't work because the
PostgreSQL client packages are older than the server version.

- The website isn't ready yet because of some missing packages and
there is no SSL certificate yet. There are some outstanding RT tickets
about these things. I can't check them myself but if you're a DD you
should be able to find them.

- Deployment of the new python DDTSS system is also stalled on missing
packages. I've attached a patch which should go on the
debian-l10n/debian.org.git repository. These packages need to also be
installed. I'm afraid I'm not entirely clear who has permissions to
actually do this though.

I had hoped to be able to show more by this stage but it is not to be.
I hope the missing packages can be installed soon so I can make faster
progress.

Have a nice day,