[Debian-l10n-devel] DDTSS still not up

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 07:16:37 UTC 2012

On 28 November 2012 21:06, Simon Paillard <spaillard at debian.org> wrote:
> DSA setup machines for us months if not years ago, so the best way is moving
> the service it's sure.
>
> Can you describe the missing steps we need to go through before we can finally
> move DDTP to ddtp.debian.org ?

Well, from my point of view as DDTP maintainer there's a number of
simple things I know that need to be done. Primarily the apache and
exim config need to updated to make the system accessible, which is
something I can't do. Then we can begin a testing period, fix any bugs
found. Eventually we'd need to tell dak or whichever machine it is to
fetch translations from the new location.

However, there are other problems: the existing DDTP code is not great
and the first time we tried it on the new system we caused various
problems. There are various aspects of the current system (including
the apache config) which are not acceptable to the DSA. The new DDTP I
hope deals with these issues.

So the only real answer is, no totally sure. If the apache config is
updated then we can move forward and find out what other skeletons
there are in the closet.

tl;dr get an apache config installed which is acceptable to everyone.

Have a nice day.