[Debian-l10n-devel] DDTSS still not up

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sat May 25 11:45:17 UTC 2013

On 25 May 2013 11:52, Simon Paillard <spaillard at debian.org> wrote:

> > DSA setup machines for us months if not years ago, so the best way is
> moving
> > the service it's sure.
>
> Now Wheezy is out, DSA doesn't want to keep machines running squeeze, and
> is
> reluctant to invest time in upgrading machines that are not used (what is
> understandable).

However some work has been invested on that machine during the sprint.

The machine is almost ready, mostly it needs testing and verification that
the config is DSA-compliant.

> So where are we ?
>
> In your last mail, you mentioned you work on a change that would be
> compatible
> with DSA expectations regarding apache configuration.
> That's right ?
>
> Do both DSA and you are inline wrt what is acceptable in this ddtp apache
> config ?

Well, hmm. Last I checked my account on the machine had expired and I can't
reach the machine at all right now, so no idea what's happening there.

Essentially, the next step was to configure the web server and start using
it. I figure the machine was 95% ready. However, (AFAIK) only the DSA can
update the web server config and I never managed to get any of them to even
look at what I suggested. Eventually I gave up trying and here we are...

So, are we inline? No. Is the rest of the system DSA-compliant? No idea,
the rules are largely unwritten. The first week we managed to fill the disk
on the Debian PostgreSQL server, so they're understandably wary. That was
fixed, but who knows what else will happen. The only thing I know for sure
is that deploying the DDTP-ng (written in Python) is out of the question.
It's the old system or nothing.

At this point I think the only thing that would help is to get someone from
the DSA personally interested in the project and that they help with all
the remaining steps to get it working.

(My Plan B by the way is at some point install DDTP-ng on churro. This will
make many people happier and may convince the DSA that installing that on
ddtp.debian.org is the better option.)

Have a nice day,
Martijn