[Debian-l10n-devel] (forw) Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 11:03:41 UTC 2013

On 29 August 2013 17:58, Martin Eberhard Schauer <Martin.E.Schauer at gmx.de>wrote:

> As I remember the last DPL campaign, some candidate said: The project is
> big
> enough to focus on new tasks when somebody feels bored or tired. So we need
> fresh blood if somebody is eaten up by real live or just wants to devote
> more
> of his time to his wife. Perhaps there is somebody among those still
> filling
> the DDTP database?
>
> I'm quite close to starting a thread on i18n and filing a grave bug against
> general on the DDTP infrastructure.

If filing a bug would produce action then I'm all for it. After the sprint
last year we were --> <-- this close to having the new machine running.
Then a series of misunderstandings, miscommunications and delays caused us
to slowly regress to being back to where we started.

As a non-DD I don't have the access to be able to move things by myself. I
can maintain the DDTP software just fine but there is a close relationship
between the software and the host. The webserver needs to be configured and
the mail server as well. Thus far no-one has stepped up to handle that part
of the system.

I have no idea how to get things moving again, but if someone wants to pick
it up I'm all for it.

Have a nice day,