[Debian-l10n-devel] l10n bot and contributor information

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Mar 16 11:17:06 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm at the miniDebConf in Barcelona[1] talking with Madamezou and Laura
Arjona about sending translator information to contributors.debian.org.

The easiest way to make it happen seems to be to make the l10n bot also
generate contributor information. Essentially, it means generating
(identifier, begin_timestamp, end_timestamp) triplets and posting them
over HTTP once a day or once a week[2].

A page like [3] already has people and timestamps; an email or login
name would be a better identifier than a full name, though.

Data is submitted in JSON format, with one record per identifier, like
this:

  [
    { id: [ { type: "email", id: "enrico at enricozini.org" } ],
      contributions: [
        { type: "translation", begin: "2010-01-01", end: "2013-11-16" }
      ]
    },
    { id: [ { type: "email", id: "madamezou at debian.org" } ],
      contributions: [
        { type: "translation", begin: "1990-05-01", end: "2013-11-16" }
      ]
    }
  ]

Submission is essentially an HTTPS POST with an attached JSON file:

  curl https://contributors.debian.org/contributors/post \
     -F source="l10n" -F auth_token="foobarbaz1234" \
     -F data=@filename.json

Can you please make this happen?

We (me, Laura, Francesca) are available on email, IRC or even via
rtc.debian.org[4] if you need us.

[1] http://bcn2014.mini.debconf.org/
[2] Full technical details are here:
    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianContributors