[Debian-l10n-devel] l10n bot and contributor information

Laura Arjona larjona99 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:55:13 UTC 2014

Hi all

El 17/03/14 07:42, Christian PERRIER escribió:
> Quoting Enrico Zini (enrico at enricozini.org):
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm at the miniDebConf in Barcelona[1] talking with Madamezou and Laura
>> Arjona about sending translator information to contributors.debian.org.
>>
>> The easiest way to make it happen seems to be to make the l10n bot also
>> generate contributor information. Essentially, it means generating
>> (identifier, begin_timestamp, end_timestamp) triplets and posting them
>> over HTTP once a day or once a week[2].
>
> Hello Enrico,
>
> Well, that basically need someone to have a look at the bot(s) code
>
> git://git.debian.org/debian-l10n/dl10n
>
> I can help retrieving how the bot(s) is/are working on l10n.d.o
> (sadly, it seems that I'm more or less the last "somehow active"
> person in the "core" l10n team and you guys all know about my coding
> abilities...;-))

I just subscribed to the list, so no need to CC me from now on.
I'll have a look at the git repo. Please take into account:

* I'm not accostumed to code, and I don't know Perl

* I'm not a DD so I don't have access to mboxes and probably other
things needed. Maybe I can setup a test environment at home with fake
resources though (e.g. mboxes from gmane, or my local mailboxes).

* Meanwhile I'm learning/working on this, if other person comes with a
solution, I'm *very happy* to just stop and pick up the next thing in my
TODO :)

Regards
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona