[Debian-l10n-devel] Adding DDTSS-related services to l10n.debian.org

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Sat Apr 23 06:51:12 UTC 2016

Quoting Thomas Vincent (thomas at vinc-net.fr):
> Hello all,
>
> For some months, I have been maintaining some web pages [1] displaying
> numbers about translated package descriptions for some languages,
> gathered by the first letter of their name.
> Past data are also available [2].
>
> It just consists in a small Python script that I run every evening and
> then I scp the output files to people.d.o.
>
> I would like these pages to be more visible and useful for translators
> and I believe it would be great if everything could be run on
> l10n.debian.org.
> What is your opinion about that? What would be needed besides putting my
> script on the team's git repo?

It basically needs "bubulle, you should remember how the damn things
are working....:-)"

In short, things are cronned on l10n.debian.org under the debian-i18n
user, which some of us can sudo to (well, /me at least, probably
nekral and faw.....both being.....in very low treshold mode).

Then, scripts from the "cron" directory of the git repo are run by
being call by sequenced scripts in /srv/i18n.debian.org/etc/cron.d

So, well, at least putting your stuff in git and the needed script to
run it, in cron/ in the git repo is the first step.

Then......we'll see..:-)

We really need a few more active people in the team, indeed....