[Debian-l10n-devel] ddtp2.debian.net now live

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Fri Sep 2 04:42:32 UTC 2016

Quoting helix84 (helix84 at centrum.sk):
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Thomas Vincent <thomas at vinc-net.fr> wrote:
>
> > Now it's time to hunt and fix broken scripts, any help is welcome. :)
> >

> An ongoing issue while I've using a local /etc/hosts entry for ddtp and now
> with ddtp2 has been that even though DDTP accepts the translations, they
> never get into the archive's Translation-xx file. I've just been getting
> the same Translation-xx file since June or so. Needless to say, new
> translations have not been appearing on packages.debian.org, either.

That's because the ftp-master.d.o scripts do not get the information
from the DDTP server. And this was because of this DNS problem.

We (debian-l10n-devel) get a mail twice a day about this since May 2016.

Now that the DDTP services have been moved to another machine, the
ftp-master scripts "just" need to be fixed with the new DDTP server
info and then they'll accept translations and everything will be going
fine.