[debian-lan-devel] Wheezy semi-successful convert

Julien Lambot jlambot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:53:22 UTC 2013

Hello List

I have tried several installations today and I now have a nearly working
base setup.

The hardware is a Dell T110 with 2 disks.

Having tried a fai-cd.iso based on squeeze, I was missing gosa which I
wanted to give a try.

Then, I tried the wheezy CD image but it got problems to get the network
connection though the network card was recognized. (I wont be able to check
this further because it now runs, and I want to get it in production asap -
Challenge started)

I finally installed wheezy and made a conversion.

As is, I can say NFS, KDC are not OK yet. This will be checked right now.
I will also need to integrate:
- samba because of windows clients.
- ddclient (or alike) because of ... well, budget considerations.
- ldaps

The only question I have right now is, what is the default gosa's admin
password?
There is one in /root/installation/LDAPadminPWD but it is not accepted.
Pardon me if I missed the information somewhere.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Julien