[debian-lan-devel] Wheezy semi-successful convert

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Wed Feb 27 18:21:47 UTC 2013

Hi Julien,

nice to hear from your tests!

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 01:53:22PM +0100, Julien Lambot wrote:

> I have tried several installations today and I now have a nearly working
> base setup.
>
> The hardware is a Dell T110 with 2 disks.
>
> Having tried a fai-cd.iso based on squeeze, I was missing gosa which I
> wanted to give a try.

GOsa is not implemented in the Squeeze setup.  I decided to do that
only for Wheezy, as it will hopefully be released soon.

> Then, I tried the wheezy CD image but it got problems to get the network
> connection though the network card was recognized. (I wont be able to check
> this further because it now runs, and I want to get it in production asap -
> Challenge started)

(I should probably update the CD image to the latest version in git ...)

> I finally installed wheezy and made a conversion.
>
> As is, I can say NFS, KDC are not OK yet. This will be checked right
> now.

OK, looking forward for the reasons/problems ...

> I will also need to integrate:
> - samba because of windows clients.
> - ddclient (or alike) because of ... well, budget considerations.
> - ldaps

OK, samba is a good point. LDAP is kerberized via GSSAPI and uses TLS
already, so no need to use ldaps.

> The only question I have right now is, what is the default gosa's admin
> password?

You should have been asked for a password for 'admin' during
installation.  Use 'admin' and that password for login into GOsa.

> There is one in /root/installation/LDAPadminPWD but it is not accepted.
> Pardon me if I missed the information somewhere.

This is the password of the LDAP admin, try:

     ldapvi -ZZ -D cn=admin,dc=intern -w `cat /root/installation/LDAPadminPWD`

It is used for the ldapscripts i.e. the debian-lan command and GOsa's
internal access to LDAP.  Usually you should not need it (anymore), an
anything should be done with the admin password and kerberos (except
GOsa login, where no Kerberos is used (but the same password)).

> Thanks in advance for your replies.

I hope they are useful.  Please report all problems, that's pretty
appreciated!  I might live in my filter bubble already, so it's great
to have some input from someone else.

Best regards,

     Andi