[debian-lan-devel] Local Apt source on Debian lan? (was Re: Are there next steps for DebianLan?)

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Sun Mar 31 08:49:33 UTC 2013

Am 30.03.2013 23:19, schrieb Andreas B. Mundt:
>> PS:
>> Can you give me a short description about using the local package source?
>> http://www.skolelinux.de/pipermail/user/2012-April/010332.html
>> I think reprepro is used but a simple example would be nice.
> The repository is created in 'scripts/SERVER_A/60-APTrepository'.  You
> should have the simple script '/var/www/debian/create_archive.sh'
> available on the mainserver:
>
> [...]
> #   HowTo set up a local package repository
> #   ---------------------------------------
> #
> #    * Drop all customized and needed packages into './pool/main/'.
> #
> #    * Execute this script or run the commands below manually.
> #
> [...]
>
> After that, you need to run 'fai softupdate' on the clients, to switch
> on the local repository (to fetch the key and add the URL to your
> sources.list).  After that, the packages should be available.  Let me
> know if it does not work as described.  It does not use reprepro, I
> started with this pretty simple setup.

Nice thanks I love simple solutions.

I test it on the main server. It seams to work. But I missed the source
line in the
apt sources also after a fai softupdate on the server. Also this line is
not found on the
workstation.
After adding the apt line he search for the apt key on the server.

regards Andreas.