[debian-lan-devel] Reinstall workstations with the same MAC Address again and again will not work.

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Mon Apr 22 19:09:09 UTC 2013

Hi Andi,

Am 20.04.2013 17:46, schrieb Andreas B. Mundt:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 05:16:03PM +0200, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
>
>> I will reinstall workstations with the same MAC Address again and
>> again. Also with the newest improvements from debian lan git it will
>> also not work for me. I have overwrite /usr/local/sbin/debian-lan on
>> mainserver with the new version from git.
> Can you find out why it does not work?  It should just copy the
> appropriate keytab to the machine, prompting if the keytab has been
> used already (and offering to re-use it).
I have find my original problem moving
/root/installation/workstationXX.keytab.Datum back to
/root/installation/workstationXX.keytab solve the problem.
Reinstallation works as I wish.

Example: mv workstatin07.* workstation07.keytab

Why is this hook in the dhcp server?

The problem of debian-lan is different. SSH Keys change .... But the
strange problem that copy the keys
with debian lan does not work, but a normal ssh copy works, must still
debugged.
Every debian-lan copy add a date string to the key on the server. Is
this ok? May be you have a look on this
tool make it still sense?

regards Andreas Schockenhoff