[debian-lan-devel] Need a new hook to give host a name that does not come from dns/dhcp

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Wed May 29 18:05:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

with the new debian lan config space every host get a name from
dns/dhcp. So it
overwrite my hostname=mainserver setting.

For my installing a new mainserver I use this command.

fai-chboot -IEFv -u nfs://faiserver/srv/fai/config -k "HOSTCMDLINE=mainserver \
ROOTPW='\$1\$kBnWcO.E\$djxB128U7dMkrltJHPf6d1' \
ADMINPW='\$1\$kBnWcO.E\$djxB128U7dMkrltJHPf6d1' \
MAINSERVER_IPADDR=10.0.0.1 \
ADDCLASSES='GERMAN' \
GATEWAY=10.0.0.1" 08:11:11:11:11:41

Now I need this hook (attached) to put the hostname form the cmd line
into the installation.

with best regards

Andreas