[debian-lan-devel] Convert a Minimal Debian Installation

Richard C Hidalgo Lorite rich at argonauta.org
Tue Jan 12 10:26:02 UTC 2016

I'm following @andi advise to use a convert for reusing my disk with debian
jeesie in one partition and /lan/mainserver/home0 in another following this
instructions:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debian-lan.git;a=blob;f=debian/README.Debian

Several questions:

1) Do I have to do all the stuff, convert and reboot plugged to the
internal net 10.0.0.0 without executing fai-setup -v nor fai-make-nfs-root?

2) It seems that scripts/SERVER_A/70-dirvish hangs if I have mounted
/lan/mainserver/home0 before convert. Attached fstab.

3) https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap#preview convert minimal
debian is not c onsistent with
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debian-lan.git;a=blob;f=debian/README.Debian
. Don't you think is better to delete wiki description and refer only the
README?

thx

Richard C. Hidalgo Lorite
Director de Sistemas