[debian-lan-devel] CD image for Debian-LAN mainserver installation

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Tue Jan 10 22:50:45 UTC 2012

Hi Medhamsh,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 04:41:17PM +0530, Medhamsh wrote:

> On a vanilla installation of debian squeeze, fai-setup
> is getting failed with ERROR: live-initramfs was not installed inside the
> nfsroot. The problem is with the nfsroot, I guess.

Hm, for some reason I remember this error message, but I don't now
when it occured and also forgot the reason/solution.  All the tests I
did are on a more or less freshly installed squeeze.

> Can you share your ideas on this? I am totally new
> to "fai" and meanwhile I will go through it's documentation
> and try out something. If this is the case with every one
> since mine is a vanilla installation of squeeze we may
> have to write the tweak in the wiki.

Perhaps just retry again and check each step and remove and rebuild
the mirror.  My test installations (also the one on real hardware) was
to the letter following the description (preparing the CD) in the Wiki
(copy/pasting the commands in exactly the order as described).

Good luck,

     Andi