[debian-lan-devel] CD image for Debian-LAN mainserver installation

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Wed Jan 11 19:44:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.01.2012, 16:41 +0530 schrieb Medhamsh:
> Andreas,
>
> On a vanilla installation of debian squeeze, fai-setup
> is getting failed with ERROR: live-initramfs was not installed inside the
> nfsroot. The problem is with the nfsroot, I guess.
>
> Can you share your ideas on this? I am totally new
> to "fai" and meanwhile I will go through it's documentation
> and try out something. If this is the case with every one
> since mine is a vanilla installation of squeeze we may
> have to write the tweak in the wiki.

Please use fai-setup -v for more messages.
Also please check /etc/fai/fai.conf and /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf
if these files fits with your server.

These two lines where incorrect on my test and I have seen a similar
error message.

In /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf
---
NFSROOT_ETC_HOSTS="Your Server IP yourinstallservername"

# Parameter for debootstrap: "<suite> <mirror>"
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="squeeze http://ftp.debian.org/debian"
----

regards Andreas