[Debian-lego-team] Future of nxt-python

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Nov 13 06:22:32 UTC 2016

[Scott Kitterman]
> I think I give up on this package.

OK.  Can you please transfer it to the LEGO team first?

> Upstream is virtually dead and has not, after three years, produced an
> update to work with python-usb 1.0 [1].  My NXT isn't working, so I've
> no way to test this.

Sad to hear.  Note, as I mentioned in the bug report about a new
upstream there are seveal forks on github with updated patches, so a new
upstream might be elected.

> I can either rm the package or pass it off to someone else in the
> team.  I don't think it's worth leaving in the archive without someone
> to care for it as it needs someone to work out the python-usb
> situation to be useful.
>
> If no one is interested, I'll ask for the rm in a few weeks.

I'm interested, and use it to play with my NXT using python-nxt
regularly.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen