[Debian-lego-team] NQC Upstream Source for Debian Package?

Nicolas Schodet nico at ni.fr.eu.org
Fri Jul 12 08:27:25 BST 2024

Hello,

I am not a Debian Developer, but I participate in packaging LEGO
related package, so take my responses with a piece of salt :)

* Matthew Sheets <mesheets at hotmail.com> [2024-07-05 17:59]:
> Is there a particular process, etc. for changing the upstream source
> repository for long-inactive projects to a more active repository?

I do not think there is a particular process, it is up to the maintainer
to choose the most appropriate upstream.

> At least in certain respects, does this Debian repository of NQC
> (https://salsa.debian.org/debian-lego-team/nqc/) exist at least in
> part because the original upstream has been inactive?

No, it is the way Debian packages are maintained, there are repositories
like this for many packages.

> In that GitHub repo for BrickBot/nqc, I've incorporated the patches
> linked above and others, plus based on some work by GitHub user maehw,
> I've also incorporated support for building as a WebAssembly.
> Additionally, I have incorporated an automatic build setup via GitHub
> Actions that uses "ubuntu-latest" as the OS for that job.  Could this
> repository potentially assume the role of upstream repository for the
> Debian NQC package?  I am very new to the world of Debian packaging
> but would be happy to assist as I can from an "upstream" perspective.

Thanks for what you do :) I try to do the same for NXT software.

For the change of upstream, you need a response from a Debian Developer.

Nicolas.