[Debian-med-packaging] Possible problems in your Debian packages

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Mon Feb 15 13:53:20 UTC 2010

Le Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 07:12:55PM +0000, Ben Hutchings a écrit :
> On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 19:50 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > ----- Forwarded message from DDPOMail robot <lucas at debian.org> -----
> >
> > From: DDPOMail robot <lucas at debian.org>
> > To: Debian-Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging at lists.alioth.debian.org>
> > Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:08:13 +0000
> > Subject: Possible problems in your Debian packages
> >
> > === phylip:
> > = No migration to testing for 155 days.
> >   See <http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=phylip>
> >
> > I wonder why this package has problems because the link does not uncover
> > any reason why it is not (yet) builded on several architectures.  One
> > reason might be that it is a non-free package - but it is not clear to
> > to me what I should do now.
>
> There is not currently a full set of auto-builders for non-free.  So far
> as I know, your only options at the moment are to request removal of the
> outdated binaries or build and upload for those architectures yourself.

Hi Andreas,

while I appreciate the effort of providing a non-free building infrastructure,
in our particular case it is currently creating more problems than it solves. I
think that we should remove all binary packages but i386 and amd64, reflect it
in debian/control, and remove the XS-Autobuild field to prevent accidental
autobuilding later.

I think I will do this for the seaview and clustal packages and will fill a
request for removal of the binary packages in testing so that the uploads to
unstable can migrate. Shall I do the same for phylip ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles