[Debian-med-packaging] Possible problems in your Debian packages

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Feb 15 14:14:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:53:20PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> while I appreciate the effort of providing a non-free building infrastructure,
> in our particular case it is currently creating more problems than it solves. I
> think that we should remove all binary packages but i386 and amd64, reflect it
> in debian/control, and remove the XS-Autobuild field to prevent accidental
> autobuilding later.

It's a real shame to just go back one step - but yes, I agree it will
drain less time from us we might spend on more fruitful things.

> I think I will do this for the seaview and clustal packages and will fill a
> request for removal of the binary packages in testing so that the uploads to
> unstable can migrate. Shall I do the same for phylip ?

Well, if you want to do this, I would welcome it.  (Even if I'm
absolutely not happy but hey, I'm quite bored about phylip
anyway because it just consumed lots of my time just because of
it's non-free-ness.)

Thanks