[Debian-med-packaging] Usage of python-central

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Nov 16 08:14:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

at MiniDebConf in Paris I have heard a talk about Python packaging in
Debian.  The Python packaging team has a *strong* preference of
python-support over python-central.  There are people who deny
sponsoring a package if it is using python-central.  I'm in big favour
of following the effort of the Python packaging team to consolidate
Python packaging tools to a single one.  Thus I would like to ask
those maintainers who are currently using python-central to consider
switching in a future upload to python-support.  The affected packages
are:

  python-cogent, python-pynast, qiime
(uploaders are Sri Girish Srinivasa Murthy <srigirish at evolbio.mpg.de>
 and Steffen Moeller <moeller at debian.org>)

  mgltools/{qslimlib,geomutils,cmolkit,support,autodocktools,gle,
            networkeditor,scenario2,symserv,volume,sff,viewerframework,
            vision,scenario,pybabel,bhtree,utpackages,pyglf,opengltk,
            dejavu,mglutil,mslib,molkit,pmv,pyautodock}
(uploaders are Steffen Moeller <moeller at debian.org>,
 Sargis Dallakyan <sargis at scripps.edu>)

Please feel free to ask me in case you want to know more details or
need any help.