[Debian-med-packaging] mgltools-pmv_1.5.6~rc1+cvs.20110809-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Steffen Möller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 14:11:43 UTC 2011

On 08/10/2011 04:05 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> hmmm, I can understand your point, but some other ftpmaster of your team
> has considered this differently because the software is just in Debian
> and we just splitted the binaries:

That is correct.

> $ apt-cache policy mgltools-pmv
> mgltools-pmv:
>   Installiert: (keine)
>   Kandidat:    1.5.6~rc1+cvs.20110617-2
>   Versionstabelle:
>      1.5.6~rc1+cvs.20110617-2 0
>         501 http://debian.tu-bs.de/debian/ testing/non-free amd64 Packages
>          50 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable/non-free amd64 Packages
>
> or was there some change of the license, Thorsten/Steffen?

Nope, there was none.

> Please clarify this - most favourably with upstream to clear out any doubt.
> I currently do not have time for checking this.

I'll contact upstream about it. They had back then adapted that license for
us. Any complaint now, two years later, is not only about mgltools-pmv but
about all of the mgltools-* packages.  The "you"
is not Debian, it is to be read as the individual who downloads from Debian.

We have the explicit OK from upstream to do what we are doing. Please accept
the package - er, I mean, please allow that we reupload it and accept it then.

Many thanks and regards,

Steffen