[Debian-med-packaging] r6263 - trunk/packages/gbrowse/trunk/debian

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Mon Mar 14 11:53:55 UTC 2011

Le Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:46:45AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> the name in /usr/bin should not contain the .pl suffix but rather be
> named /usr/bin/gbrowse_metadb_config.  (This and the reasons for it is
> somewhere documented in developers reference or best practices.)

Hi Andreas,

I would like to say that I humbly disagree. Removing the .pl suffixes is extra
work and cuts us from upstream documentation and pristine installations.

The policy on suffixes is only important when multiple packages implement in
different languages the same program with the same interface (same command line
options, …).

Cheers,

--
Charles