[Debian-med-packaging] Product packages for Zope

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 07:08:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 03:39:59PM +0900, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> > Thanks for the CC.  Regarding zope-zms the situation is as follows: It
> > always  had a  very low  popcon  value (which  might be  the case  for
> > several Zope products for sure).  I was using it at some point in time
> > but this was > 5 years ago.  I  currently do not use Zope any more and
> > do not even  have a Zope installation  on my boxes -  so testing would
> > take me more time  than I'm able to spend.  I  do not feel comfortable
> > to simply build  a lintian clean package which might  work or not.  So
> > if somebody would  volunteer to take over zope-zms this  would be nice
> > from a  Debian Med  perspective (because zms  is targeting  at medical
> > care).  I  can confirm that I  consider ZMS as a  high quality product
> > which is  actively maintained.  If  somebody would be willing  to take
> > over  some  packaging  guidance   and  sponsoring  for  some  upstream
> > developer it might be feasible to keep it inside Debian.
>
> Well, if  it targets medical  care, then it  would perhaps be  better if
> someone from the  Debian Med project would take care  of that, isn't it?
> (CC'ing  debian-med  mailing  list  in  hoping  that  someone  would  be
> interested in this package ;))

While CCing the Debian Med list is probably an interesting idea I have
never heard that anybody here on this list (except as I said above me
several years ago) is using Zope.  So I just repeat here:  While in
principle interesting if you need a content management in medical care I
think nobody here is up for testing such a package.  I'd volunteer to
simply create lintian clean packages in a pbuilder environment which
seems to be cheap - but if nobody is up for testing (=installing and
creating an instance inside Zope) I'm not convinced that we are doing a
good job to our users.

If you are reading Debian Med and would like to use ZMS[1] it is a good
idea to raise your finger *now* to volunteer for testing such packages.

[1] http://www.zms-publishing.com/