[Debian-med-packaging] Bio-tools repository

Guillermo Carrasco guillermo.carrasco at scilifelab.se
Mon Aug 20 14:07:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

My name is Guillermo Carrasco and I'm doing my master thesis in the
Science for Life Laboratory <http://www.scilifelab.se/>, Stockholm. We
are working in a nextget-data processing pipeline
<https://github.com/SciLifeLab/bcbb>.

Now I'm working on the automation of the deployment process of the
pipeline, and to do that I'm packaging all the dependencies of our
pipeline, so we can download all of them just typing "sudo apt-get
install <dep>".

I write you first to thank you for your public repository, which has a
lot of useful tools that has been very useful for me and has helped me
to make my own packages. And second, to let you know that you can watch
and use any of my packages that you can find in my ppa
<https://launchpad.net/%7Egch/+archive/utils>. I think you were recently
discussing about picard-tools, which you can find in there in it's most
recent version. In the version I packaged, all the individual .jar files
are installed in /usr/share/java/picard directory.

Thanks and hope to be helpful,

Best regards