[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload: hhsuite, ffindex, blimps and sift

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Mon Feb 27 18:14:11 UTC 2012

Hello Andreas!

> Just uploaded (after bumping standards version to just released new
> policy and making short descriptions slightly different for each binary
> package).

Thank you!

>> blimps	svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/blimps/trunk	non-free
>
> Made similar changes like I did for ffindex.  Furthermore I'd regard it
> really important to submit the patch upstream because it is security
> relevant.  Another remark: It is a nice thing to have debian/copyright
> in DEP5 format - but that's not really relevant for sponsering.
>
> However, I think there is some mistake involved in the data package.
> The size of those few files is that small that there is really no reason
> to provide a separate package.  I have no idea whether this was
> intentional or whether some files are just missing.
>
> What I would rather would package would probably be the examples (using
> dh_installexamples) in a blimps-examples package.
>
> In the same line I would also consider a blimps-doc package from the
> www directory.

Thank you for the suggestions. Normally I would agree with you completely.

blimps is dead upstream. The only purpose I can see for this package is to provide the required dependency for sift. I explained this further in
the debian/README.Debian and README.sources files. Unfortunately we have to minimize the effort here - I can not, and I think neither can Soon -
implement your ideas since blimps is sufficient for sift in its present form.

Please upload blimps so that sift can get its turn.

>> sift	svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/sift/trunk	non-free
>
> I also did some general packaging updates for this package and would like
> to upload after the Build-Dependency libblimps is accepted.  However, I
> would like you to fix the clean target somehow because which is removing
> several files inside the upstream tarball.

Ha! I think I did not write those likes, hmm, let's see if I can rewrite them nicer... Please have a look and let me know.

Best regards,

Laszlo