[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload: hhsuite, ffindex, blimps and sift

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Feb 27 20:15:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 07:14:11PM +0100, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> > In the same line I would also consider a blimps-doc package from the
> > www directory.
>
> Thank you for the suggestions. Normally I would agree with you completely.
>
> blimps is dead upstream. The only purpose I can see for this package is to provide the required dependency for sift. I explained this further in
> the debian/README.Debian and README.sources files. Unfortunately we have to minimize the effort here - I can not, and I think neither can Soon -
> implement your ideas since blimps is sufficient for sift in its present form.

OK, fine for me - thanks for the clearification.

> Please upload blimps so that sift can get its turn.

I'll do so hopefully tomorrow.

> > I also did some general packaging updates for this package and would like
> > to upload after the Build-Dependency libblimps is accepted.  However, I
> > would like you to fix the clean target somehow because which is removing
> > several files inside the upstream tarball.
>
> Ha! I think I did not write those likes, hmm, let's see if I can rewrite them nicer... Please have a look and let me know.

Sometimes the following procedure is the more simple way:

   tar -xzf <tarball-as-downloaded>
   cd <source-dir>
   make (dist-)clean
   cd ..
   GZIP="--best --no-name" tar --owner=root --group=root --mode=a+rX -czf <pkg>_<version>.orig.tar.gz

specifically if uptream will not fix the tarball any more.