[Debian-med-packaging] Problems with Git handling in package grinder: upstream branch was missing

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu May 3 07:32:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 03:59:03PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I think that the problem is that by default, 'git clone' or 'debcheckout' will
> not track the upstream and pristine-tar branches.  I have asked in #625940
> if debcheckout could be changed to do so.
>
> In the meantime, one has to pass “--git-track '*'”.  I updated our group policy
> to reflect it.

Hmmm:

$ debcheckout --git-track '*' --user=tille grinder
$ cd grinder
$ git branch
  logs/amd64
* master
  pristine-tar
  upstream
$ git tag
debian/0.4.4-1
debian/0.4.4-2
logs/0.4.4-1
logs/0.4.4-2
upstream/0.4.5

It seems there was no upstream/0.4.4 commited whether you use --git-track or
not.  And I do not see the debian/ dir.  If I

  $ git checkout debian/0.4.4-2

then it is there but I'm not on HEAD any more.  I guess I might have
mixed up things (again - sorry for this) and I wonder how I now can bring
back the debian/ dir to HEAD (branch master)???