[Debian-med-packaging] Updating the praat package

Rafael Laboissiere rafael at laboissiere.net
Sun May 6 16:32:53 UTC 2012

* Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> [2012-05-06 17:51]:

> [nothing private in this mail so I cc
>    debian-med-packaging at lists.alioth.debian.org
>  I would prefer always communication via list rather in PM]

Sure, I am doing it.  Please, note that I am not subscribed to the ML, so
keep Cc:s to me.  Should I also keep your address in Cc:?

> I noticed that
>
> $ debcheckout --user=tille praat
> declared git repository at git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/?p=debian-med/praat.git
> git clone git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/?p=debian-med/praat.git praat ...
> Cloning into 'praat'...
> fatal: '/git/?p=debian-med/praat.git' does not appear to be a git repository
> checkout failed (the command above returned a non-zero exit code)
>
> did not worked because of a wrong Vcs-Git string.  This is my default
> way to checkout packages and thus I fixed it.

Great, thanks.

I suggested that you use gbp-clone, since this command sets up tracking
branches for the debian, upstream and pristine-tar branches. Is this the
case for your local repository? You can check it in .git/config.

> >     ## Commit the changelog
> >     git add debian/changelog
> >     git ci -m "Debian release 5.3.14-1"
>
> $ git ci -m "Debian release 5.3.14-1"
> git: 'ci' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
>
> Did you mean this?
>         dch
>
> Hmmm, I guess
>
> $ git commit -m "Debian release 5.3.14-1"
> [master a4b134f] Debian release 5.3.14-1
>  1 file changed, 14 insertions(+)
>
> will do something similarly reasonable.

Indeed, "ci" is an alias defined in my ~/.gitignore that corresponds to
"commit".  Sorry for the confusion.

> Done.  The only open question that remains to me is why the
> commits are not propagated to the commit mailing list - I
> checked in the repository on alioth:
>
> $ cat /git/debian-med/praat.git/config
> [core]
>         repositoryformatversion = 0
>         filemode = true
>         bare = true
>         sharedrepository = 1
> [hooks]
>         mailinglist = debian-med-commit at lists.alioth.debian.org
>         subjectdesc = praat
>         cia-project = Debian-Med
>
> so this should work.  Any clue?

I fixed it by adding the appropriate hooks/post-receive file.  I also
added the hooks/post-update, which many other debian-med packages have.

Rafael