[Debian-med-packaging] Updating the praat package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun May 6 17:07:52 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 06:32:53PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> Sure, I am doing it.  Please, note that I am not subscribed to the ML, so
> keep Cc:s to me.  Should I also keep your address in Cc:?

There is no need in CCing me and I'll keep you CCed.

> > $ debcheckout --user=tille praat
> > declared git repository at git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/?p=debian-med/praat.git
> > git clone git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/?p=debian-med/praat.git praat ...
> > Cloning into 'praat'...
> > fatal: '/git/?p=debian-med/praat.git' does not appear to be a git repository
> > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> > checkout failed (the command above returned a non-zero exit code)
> >
> > did not worked because of a wrong Vcs-Git string.  This is my default
> > way to checkout packages and thus I fixed it.
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> I suggested that you use gbp-clone, since this command sets up tracking
> branches for the debian, upstream and pristine-tar branches. Is this the
> case for your local repository? You can check it in .git/config.

Yes it is - hopefully not only because I finally needed to use
gbp-clone.  As far as I understand debcheckout should do this as well
(and it should work in at all).

> > $ git commit -m "Debian release 5.3.14-1"
> > [master a4b134f] Debian release 5.3.14-1
> >  1 file changed, 14 insertions(+)
> >
> > will do something similarly reasonable.
>
> Indeed, "ci" is an alias defined in my ~/.gitignore that corresponds to
> "commit".  Sorry for the confusion.

No problem - such things will help me climbing the learning curve. ;-)

> >         subjectdesc = praat
> >         cia-project = Debian-Med
> >
> > so this should work.  Any clue?
>
> I fixed it by adding the appropriate hooks/post-receive file.  I also
> added the hooks/post-update, which many other debian-med packages have.

Ahh - thanks for fixing.

BTW, what I forgot to mention:  My main motivation for suggesting to
switch to dh (as I wrote in previous private mail) would be that it is
as easy as increasing debhelper compatibility level to 9 to switch on
hardening flags.  We did not defined this explicitely for Debian Med
maintained packages but I personally try to enable it in uploads of my
packages and I would love to see a certain amount of packages featuring
hardening flags in Wheezy.