[Debian-med-packaging] Connecting a lab analyzer to a PC

sanjaya de silva shussanjaya at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 06:15:46 UTC 2012

Hi
I am Dr Sanjaya De silva, hematologist working in Sr Lanka. Its an island in the Indian ocean just to the south of India.
Currently
 we use paper based test request system in our hospitals. The doctors
will write down the requests and the samples will be brought to the lab
manually and we will analyze the samples and print out the reports which
 will be hand collected by the staff.
I am planning to set up a basic
 system  to view finished lab reports from a PC located in the ward.
Requests can be still on paper to start with. Currently we do not have a
 information system in place in the hospital. So i am thinking of hard
wiring the PC and the analyzer to start with.
We will be getting a new hematology analyzer brand name BC 5800 Mindray.

http://www.mindray.com/en/products/25.html

I thought this will be a good point try out the data connection and
informed the Mindray agent in sri lanka about my requirement. They said
they will try but the difficulty is the  analyzer uses Linux and the PC
uses windows. So data will not travel.
Can you please help to solve this problem. Your advise is most welcome as we do not have the expertise.

Thank you.
Kind Regards
Dr Sanjaya De silva