[Debian-med-packaging] [MoM] Packaging of python-csb - Report #5

Tomás Di Domenico tdido at tdido.com.ar
Mon Nov 12 12:19:08 UTC 2012

After receiving feedback from the Python team, I've recreated the
repository for python-csb using the upstream release tarball. I had
previously used a newer revision I checked out by hand from the upstream
repository. Simon McVittie gave a great explanation of when and how it
would be ok to package manually checked-out code in the Python list [1].

It was also suggested that, since upstream supports Python 3, a
python3-csb package could be built [2]. This has some extra difficulty
attached to it since dh does not support Python 3 yet, and so some code
has to be written manually. Once the Python 2 package is finished, I'll
turn my attention to the Python 3 version.

I'll now ask for a second round of comments from the Python list.
Hopefully I am close to having a finished package.

Tomás

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2012/11/msg00017.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2012/11/msg00009.html