[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging GNU Health

Emilien Klein emilien+debian at klein.st
Fri Nov 23 20:24:29 UTC 2012

Hi team,

2012/10/23 Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu>:
> Hi Emilien,
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 09:48:52PM +0200, Emilien Klein wrote:
>> Just a quick message to let you know I've started looking at
>> installing GNU Health on my Debian Sid box, with the goal to package
>> it for Debian. I know some work was started by Andreas [0].
>
> So I guess you also have found the link to the packaging code in SVN and
> I have verified that you are a member of the Debian Med team so commit
> permissions are granted for you.
>
>> I'm currently having some trouble installing GNU Health (from source)
>> using the version of Tryton that is present in Experimental [1]. Looks
>> like this might be related to the Experimental Tryton package, as the
>> GNU Health developer reported having no issue when installing both
>> from source [2].
>
> I admit I do not have any idea about Tryton so I can not really comment
> on this.  If I would try to dig down I would most probably try to
> contact Debian Tryton Maintainers <maintainers at debian.tryton.org> for
> any advise.
>
>> I'll continue investigating over the coming weeks (don't have much
>> time to commit, so it'll be slow progress), but I'm looking forward to
>> getting GNU Health in there!
>
> Great!  Feel free to keep us updated (CC this list) whenever it seems to
> be reasonable.  We do have great interest to do the next Debian release
> (Wheezy+1) with more HIS applications than we do now in Wheezy.

Just to keep you updated, I've been able to properly install GNU
Health from source [0]. The issue I was facing were due to missing
dependencies for the Tryton modules, still need to file a bug about
that ;)

GNU Health depends on Tryton 2.4. That version was present in
Experimental a month ago, but now it's been upgraded to 2.6, and I
don't think there is a way to get the 2.4 Debian packages back from
Experimental, is there?
The next version of GNU Health will depend on Tryton 2.6, but I don't
know for when that new release is planned...

This means that for now I can't really continue my packaging efforts,
as that dependency is not available anymore... I'll keep checking, and
will tell you when things can start moving again.

Cheers,
   +Emilien

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-dev/2012-11/msg00004.html