[Debian-med-packaging] Seeking Advice on 2.7G Package Data

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Mon Oct 8 13:17:38 UTC 2012

Le Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 01:58:33PM +0200, Laszlo Kajan a écrit :

>   2: Create a loctree2-data-installer package that downloads the large data
>   upon installation, flashplugin-installer style. I am worried this may be
>   problematic for automatic testers (piuparts) at Debian, because of the
>   large data it moves. Do I need to worry about this? Also I don't know how
>   this behaves with interrupted downloads (continuing the download should be
>   supported).

Dear Laszlo,

you already had good suggestions from Steffen, but if you look for
automated testing, you will probably need to go for proper packages
like in 2) above.

Note that I am not sure if network is available in piuparts tests.  However,
there might be a better chance with autopkgtest (see http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/).

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy