[Debian-med-packaging] Please Help With Python App Package conservation-code

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 10 12:13:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 11:09:41PM +0200, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> Debian Med team members: also please comment.

1. It seems you could drop DM-Upload-Allowed (and we should also drop it
   from our policy document).

> Note: you have to invoke the d/rules get-orig-source target to obtain the upstream tarball for the build.

2. You might like to consider the uscan I made some noise about on
   debian-devel list[1].  By simply specifying "Files-Excluded:" in
   d/copyright you can remove files from original tarball very easily.
   I do not officially advocate this method because it is not yet
   officially accepted but I regard it quite handy and specifying
   the removed files in d/copyright in any case does not harm at all.
   BTW, there are several examples in our SVN where this is done
   (ampliconnoise, imagej, king, mothur, plink, qiime, saint and
   several others)

3. I'd consider it unusual to provide a manpage(.pod) as quilt patch.
   For me it would be more straightforeward to just maintain it under
   debian/ and not inside the source tree root.  I assume you might
   have a certain motivation for this but I wanted to give this remark.

> Thank you very much for your comments in advance.

Everything I wrote above is probably just nitpicking and you can feel
free to ignore.  Please also note that I just studied the packaging
files and did not actually downloaded the source itself and did not
tried the build.

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/tille/devscripts.git;a=blob;f=scripts/uscan.pl