[Debian-med-packaging] Please Help With Python App Package conservation-code

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 10 19:17:11 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 03:15:31PM +0200, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> Thank you for your advice Andreas!
>
> What about renaming conservation_code/score_conservation.py to conservation_code/score_conservation in d/rules:get-orig-source? Is that all
> right? - do you have a better idea for doing that?

Ahhh - I missed that piece.  Well, if you ask me I simply would *not*
rename any file from upstream archive at all.  If you need to change
some upstream archive usually you are dealing with license issues and
when doing some repackaging anyway you could possibly clean up a bit
of cruft.  However, I personally would regard renaming files without
strong reasons as too invasive.  I would do this step rather later in
the packaging process.