[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging GNU Health

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Oct 23 07:00:24 UTC 2012

Hi Emilien,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 09:48:52PM +0200, Emilien Klein wrote:
> Just a quick message to let you know I've started looking at
> installing GNU Health on my Debian Sid box, with the goal to package
> it for Debian. I know some work was started by Andreas [0].

So I guess you also have found the link to the packaging code in SVN and
I have verified that you are a member of the Debian Med team so commit
permissions are granted for you.

> I'm currently having some trouble installing GNU Health (from source)
> using the version of Tryton that is present in Experimental [1]. Looks
> like this might be related to the Experimental Tryton package, as the
> GNU Health developer reported having no issue when installing both
> from source [2].

I admit I do not have any idea about Tryton so I can not really comment
on this.  If I would try to dig down I would most probably try to
contact Debian Tryton Maintainers <maintainers at debian.tryton.org> for
any advise.

> I'll continue investigating over the coming weeks (don't have much
> time to commit, so it'll be slow progress), but I'm looking forward to
> getting GNU Health in there!

Great!  Feel free to keep us updated (CC this list) whenever it seems to
be reasonable.  We do have great interest to do the next Debian release
(Wheezy+1) with more HIS applications than we do now in Wheezy.