[Debian-med-packaging] r12193 - trunk/packages/velvet/trunk/debian

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Mon Sep 10 07:11:09 UTC 2012

Le Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 08:11:02AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> My change fixes a lintian _Error_ and I have no idea whether this error
> is of rejection critical type.

Hi Andreas,

Yes, I noticed the error and I think that it is a false positive.  To my
knowledge, having the python scripts in /usr/share without python installed is
not a Policy violation, because they are outside the default path and they are
not ran directly by a program in the default path.

Especially, the long description of the lintian tag
python-script-but-no-python-dep explicitely contains a provision that "In some
cases a weaker relationship, such as Suggests or Recommends, will be more
appropriate".  http://lintian.debian.org/tags/python-script-but-no-python-dep.html

(I was also puzzled with the contradiction with the classification as Severity:
important, Certainty: certain)

So if it is a problem to leave the error as it is, I would suggest to add an
override.

Or shall I report a bug on Lintian ?

Cheers,

--