[Debian-med-packaging] r12193 - trunk/packages/velvet/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Sep 10 07:54:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 04:11:09PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Yes, I noticed the error and I think that it is a false positive.  To my
> knowledge, having the python scripts in /usr/share without python installed is
> not a Policy violation, because they are outside the default path and they are
> not ran directly by a program in the default path.
>
> Especially, the long description of the lintian tag
> python-script-but-no-python-dep explicitely contains a provision that "In some
> cases a weaker relationship, such as Suggests or Recommends, will be more
> appropriate".  http://lintian.debian.org/tags/python-script-but-no-python-dep.html
>
> (I was also puzzled with the contradiction with the classification as Severity:
> important, Certainty: certain)
>
> So if it is a problem to leave the error as it is, I would suggest to add an
> override.

If you would like to commit this to VCS it is perfetcly fine for me.

> Or shall I report a bug on Lintian ?

Fine as well.

As I said I was not specifically picky about this because of its close
to zero relevance in practical cases.  Any means you will try to enhance
this is fine for me.  Once done either upload your changes to
experimental or ping me if you are finished with your enhancements and I
can go for uploading if this saves your time.