[Debian-med-packaging] r12193 - trunk/packages/velvet/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Sep 10 09:46:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 05:28:22PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Shall I take the opportunity for converting the source package to Git ?

I don't mind (just offered it myself to do so in my initial mail to upstream).

> I am also interested in providing autopkgtest support for the Upstream regression tests.

Debhelper 9 seems to call the test target of the makefile.  Are there
any additional ways for testing I do not know.  In any way I'm all for
as many tests as possible - so yes, please do so.

> All in all, this may delay a bit the upload, would that be fine ?

I'm personally not at all in a hurry.  I just wanted to do a service to
upstream.  You have better contact and know what is the best service -
so feel free to decide yourself.

The only thing I would really like you to keep in the current packaging
is to remove the debian/ dir from the upstream tarball - at least as
long the page

   http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

says:

   Many upstream code sources tend to include a rough /debian directory
   among source files to ease bleeding-edge package compilation and
   installation on debian (and derived) systems; while this is a good
   effort, it would be better to leave it out of the final tarball as it
   can interfere with debian's own packaging effort. Keeping it only in
   your VCS repository is usually a much saner default.

and our group policy does not override this statement.  I see no point
in diverging from the documentation only because there are tools that
can deal with this.