[Debian-med-packaging] psipred in Debian

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Thu Sep 13 11:04:07 UTC 2012

Dear David!

I am Laszlo Kajan, a Debian Maintainer and a member of Burkhard Rost's group in Munich.

Me and some others from the Debian Med [1] packaging team would like to package psipred for Debian. This, with the new license [2], seems
possible to me. In my reading you now allow redistribution as long as 'access is granted free of charge to all authorised users'. So psipred
could go into the 'non-free' section of the repository, if I am right. Other team members encouraged me to ask you for a confirmation, though.
So let me ask:

* Do you (the license) now authorize Debian to package and redistribute psipred free of charge?

Thank you for clarifying this for us.

Best regards,

Laszlo Kajan
Debian Maintainer